Image-display troubles

From: Geoff Kuenning
Subject: Image-display troubles
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 02:55:37 -0800

I just upgraded (finally!) to GNUS 5.11.  But I'm having trouble with
images in MIME multipart e-mail.  In one message, typing "2 b" to see
the included picture displays it inline even though it's much wider
than my emacs window.  In another, the same sequence produces no
visible effect whatsoever.

Previously, typing "2 b" in either message would spawn my chosen
external viewer.  (Both messages predate my upgrade, and I've looked
at the pictures before.)

I poked through the image-display code, but couldn't spot anything
obvious.  I even tried redefining mm-valid-and-fit-image-p to always
return nil, without effect.  (I haven't had time to step through with
the debugger yet.)

For the second problem (no display at all), I suspect it's not
spawning my viewer for some reason.  For the first (non-fitting image
displayed) I'm clueless.  I'd appreciate any suggestions on debugging
approaches.
--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff@cs.hmc.edu   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

You know you're a parent when you hear yourself utter the words,
"Throw up on Daddy's shoulder...good girl."