Re: html message is not dislayed

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: html message is not dislayed
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:59:33 +0100

On Fri, Jan 25 2008, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Well I thought of forwarding that mail but I receive a complain lines
> longer than 79 chars and I was afraid that the format might be broken
> I try to save the message and send it as an attachment. If you have
> any better suggestion please let me know.

Probably, the least error prone way is to use
`gnus-summary-save-article-mail' ([1], C-o, O m, <menu-bar> <Article>
<Output> <Save in Unix mail format...>), gzip the resulting file and
send it as attachment.  Other user can save it to disk and open it
e.g. using `G f' or `G M'.

[1] If you use nnml or have file system access to your IMAP server
    (assuming it is using a one-file-per-message format), you can skip
    saving to mbox file, of course.

> I hope this can be read:
> I send it in two formats.

Here's what I did and got:

- C-d (`gnus-summary-enter-digest-group') parses your message fine,
  and I get:

  | Uwe Brauer            <* mixed> Re: html message is not dislayed
  | Uwe Brauer            <1.* signed>
  | Uwe Brauer            <1.1.* mixed>
  | Uwe Brauer            <1.1.1 text>
  | Uwe Brauer            <1.1.2 rfc822>
  | MiCampus              <1.1.2.* alternative> [[postsubject]] (3)
  | MiCampus              <1.1.2.1 text>
  | MiCampus              <1.1.2.2 html>
  | Uwe Brauer            <1.1.3 html>
  | Uwe Brauer            <1.2 pgp-signature>
  | Uwe Brauer            <2 text>

- On "<1.1.2.* alternative> [[postsubject]] (3)" I hit `g' and get
  (Because I have configure Gnus to prefer and display text/plain, but
  add buttons to choose the text/html alternative):

,----
| From: MiCampus <...>
| Subject: [[postsubject]] (3)
| To: Uwe Brauer <...>
| Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:30:02 +0100
|
| 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html
|
| [[postsubject]]:

`----

Looking at the raw text (`C-u g') confirms that the text alternative
is in fact only "[[postsubject]]:" plus empty lines:

,----
| --b1_4c7961f2b8ac93c010464a2dd0c8c354
|

| [[postsubject]]:

`----

So you screen shot (gnus-campus.png) in
<87myqvd3hj.fsf_-_@mat.ucm.es">news:87myqvd3hj.fsf_-_@mat.ucm.es> suggests that you have configured
Gnus to prefer the text/plain part over text/html.  See (info
"(emacs-mime)Display Customization") for relevant options.

- When I choose the text/html part using the button or by selecting
  "<1.1.2.2 html>", I get:

,----
| From: MiCampus <...>
| Subject: [[postsubject]] (3)
| To: Uwe Brauer <...>
| Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:30:02 +0100
|
| 1.  ( ) text/plain          (*) text/html
|
| [icon]   Correo interno: Campus Virtual de la Universidad Complutense de
| Madrid
|
|     [course] Campus Virtual de la Universidad Complutense de Madrid
|
| Asunto                             De                    Fecha
| [...]
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--