Re: Do not let spam-trap go hungry! Your (normal) posts may help! :-)

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: Do not let spam-trap go hungry! Your (normal) posts may help! :-)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:15:18 +0100

> On Wed, Jan 30 2008, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>
>> (defun message-make-message-id()
>>   (concat "<"(message-unique-id)"@xxx.fsf.hobby-site.com>"))
>
> No, please don't override `message-make-message-id'.  Use
> `message-user-fqdn', see (info "(message)News Headers").

OK.
[I use even more "elaborate" message-id generator ]

>> xxx may be replaced by what you want e.g.
>> "@guru.fsf.hobby-site.com>" or
>> "@gnus.fsf.hobby-site.com>" or
>> "@Roberto.fsf.hobby-site.com>"
>
> If you allow different users to use the same full qualified domain
> name it is no longer guaranteed the resulting Message-ID is unique.

Have you noticed "guru", "gnus" and "Roberto" in the above example?
The domains should be different => you assumption should be wrong.

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying."