Re: Automatically authenticating at local imap server

From: Gour
Subject: Re: Automatically authenticating at local imap server
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:29:10 +0100

>>>>> "Tassilo" == Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:

Hi!

Tassilo> Hi all, since a few days I run a local IMAP server that
Tassilo> OfflineIMAP synchronizes with my IMAP account at my email
Tassilo> provider.  That works like a charm, but there's one thing that
Tassilo> doesn't work.

Similar setup here ;)

Tassilo> Everytime I start Gnus it asks me how to logon at the local
Tassilo> IMAP server, but instead I want that it uses the username and
Tassilo> password that are in my ~/.authinfo.

Here is my ~/.authinfo:

machine localhost login gour password xxxxxxxx

and snippet from .gnus:

(setq mail-sources nil)
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp  "news.gmane.org")
      gnus-secondary-select-methods
        '((nnimap "localhost-IMAP" (nnimap-address "localhost"))
          (nntp "news.iskon.hr")))

That's all and it works with dovecot server.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D