Re: Automatically authenticating at local imap server

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Automatically authenticating at local imap server
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:40:02 +0100

David <de_bb@arcor.de> writes:

Hi David,

>> Another question about dovecot: When I used nnmaildir I indexed the
>> mails with mairix and could do very fast searches with the nnmairix
>> backend.  Currently I use nnir's imap backend to search on the local
>> imap server, but that takes ages for huge groups.  Is there a way to
>> teach dovecot to use a mailindexing tool to speed that up?
>
> I use the same setup here and nnmairix works nicely with nnimap. If
> you feel uncomfortable with nnmairix creating/deleting groups on your
> local IMAP server, you can also create a nnmaildir secondary select
> method exclusively for nnmairix.

Ah, right.  Now I let mairix index the maildirs in /var/mail/heimdall/.
Those are the maildirs dovecot serves.  The search results go into
groups of a separate nnml backend.  This works very nice. :-)

But one thing is left: Is there a way to jump from a message in the
search result group to the original nnimap group?  I often do a search
to find a message I want to reply to and the reply has to be done from
the original group so that posting styles and group parameters are
considered.

(If there's no builtin way, I'm happy with a dirty hack or a suggestion
for a dirty hack, too.)

Bye,
Tassilo