Re: Change article "From" field

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: Change article "From" field
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:34:25 +0900

> Wouldn't it make more sense to define a user format function that
> fetches "Author:" from the body and display it in the Summary buffer?

Yes, you are right.  I realized it myself shortly after.  But there is
another thing.  For fetching "Author:" from the body, does it mean that
Gnus has to scan through all the message bodies?

To explain things a bit more, I subscribed to a trac project RSS
changelog page. (The adm refuses to add a mailing list for recording
changes) In Gnus, each RSS item(or article in Gnus) only contains a href
"link". So to figure out author, I have to visit that "link" first,
which could be a bit time consuming.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org