Re: Mark mail/news sent by myself as read?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Mark mail/news sent by myself as read?
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:54:15 +0100

Hi Reiner,

>> On Mon, Mar 03 2008, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>>> I've set this to t, but in *Group* the group which got an gcc'ed
>>> article show it as new message.  But when I hit RET on that group
>>> it'll tell me that there are no new messages.
>>>
>>> Is there a way that they don't show up in *Group*, too?
>>
>> I don't see that behavior normally.  But I seem to recall that it
>> happens when the corresponding summary buffer is open.  Let's try...
>
> No.  I can't reproduce this problem.

In my config I use gnus-parameters with extensive use of gcc-self.

(setq gnus-parameters
      `((,(rx "Fastmail:INBOX.mailinglists.bbdb-info")
         (to-address . "bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net")
         (subscribed . t)
         (gcc-self   . "nnimap+Fastmail:INBOX.Sent Items"))

        [...]

        (,(rx "Fastmail:INBOX.uni")
         (gcc-self   . t))))

When I enter the "uni" folder and write a mail, it will be visible in
*Group*.  When I write the mail with `C-u m' on INBOX.uni it won't show
up there.  So at least for (gcc-self . t) your remembrance is correct.

And I'm pretty sure that replies to mailing-lists (wich use gcc-self to
my "Sont Items" box) show up in *Group*, too.  Then the corresponding
mailing-list group is open, of course.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Vendor lock-in is when vendors  lock themselves inside of a building out
of fear of Richard Stallman's wrath.