Re: mailing list and reply-to header

From: Sven Joachim
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:04:58 +0200

On 2008-04-15 12:28 +0200, giglio robbo' d'acciaio wrote:

> I'd like to set the reply-to header accordingly to the group I'm in. For
> example if I'm in the group “gmane.linux.debian.user.italian” this header
> should address to <debian-italian@lists.debian.org> and so on.

Are you sure that this is what you want?  People will not be easily able
to reply in private mail to you, and I don't think it is right to cater
to broken MUAs that do not have some kind of "reply to list" function.
It is usually better to set Mail-Followup-To, that way the "reply to
all" function will do TRT in most mailers.

> I can use posting style to set the header per group and the function
> message-fetch-field or message-fetch-reply-field to fetch the value of the
> header, but I don't know where to fetch the value from.

Probably from the List-Post header, if it is present (in this list, as
well as the Debian mailinglists, it is, see below), you will have to strip the
mailto: prefix from it.

> For example, theese are the header of this group take from a previous message
> of mine.
> ,----
> `----

Sven