Re: mailing list and reply-to header

From: giglio robbo' d'acciaio
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:52:34 +0200

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> On 2008-04-15 12:28 +0200, giglio robbo' d'acciaio wrote:
>
>> I'd like to set the reply-to header accordingly to the group I'm in. For
>> example if I'm in the group “gmane.linux.debian.user.italian” this header
>> should address to <debian-italian@lists.debian.org> and so on.
>
> Are you sure that this is what you want?  People will not be easily able
> to reply in private mail to you, and I don't think it is right to cater
> to broken MUAs that do not have some kind of "reply to list" function.
> It is usually better to set Mail-Followup-To, that way the "reply to
> all" function will do TRT in most mailers.

You're are right, maybe setting Mail-Followup-To header is the best choice.
What I want to obtain is reading answers to my posts on the ML than in my
private inbox.

> Probably from the List-Post header, if it is present (in this list, as
> well as the Debian mailinglists, it is, see below), you will have to strip the
> mailto: prefix from it.
>
>> For example, theese are the header of this group take from a previous message
>> of mine.
>> ,----
>> `----

That was my idea too, but how to grab this header when posting a new message
with 'a'?
--
      Daniele Giglio      Dona i tuoi cicli di clock alla ricerca!
      email in ROT13      http://boinc.berkeley.edu/