Re: Google Groups "star" feature

From: Brian Adkins
Subject: Re: Google Groups "star" feature
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:58:10 -0400

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:33:41 -0400 Brian Adkins <brian@ubuntu.sys76.local>
> wrote:
>
> BA> I'm attempting to transition from reading usenet via Google Groups to
> BA> using Gnus. One Google Groups feature I like is the ability to "star" a
> BA> thread so that I can easily see if a thread I'm interested in has new
> BA> posts.
>
> BA> What would be the easiest way to have a particular thread standout among
> BA> all the threads with new articles in Gnus?
>
> You can sort by thread total score, adjust the thread score, and it will
> be sorted appropriately.  It's even better to adjust poster scores, so
> people you like drive a thread's score higher and vice versa
> automatically.
>
> Ted

Maybe we're talking about different things. After I'm done reading a
group, I press 'c' to mark everything as read and exit the group. At a
later point in time, when I reenter the group, Gnus will only show the
unread messages. It's at that time that it seems to have forgotten about
thread scores. I'll have to research scoring more and see if that will
do what I need to. I'd really prefer a simple boolean though i.e. I just
want to indicate the threads I'm interested in so new messages aren't
lost in the noise. Something like tick for threads I guess.