Manually breaking threads

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: Manually breaking threads
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:49:27 -0500

Mutt has some commands for manually editing threads, to reparent
articles that should be threaded or to unthread articles erroneously
joined.  Is there a way to do this (easily) in Gnus?

Specifically, I want to be able to break the references chain on e-mail
messages (stored in nnml, so article editing is a possibility) which are
really new threads but the sender sent by replying to some other
messages so that they head their own thread.

Looking in the Gnus manual, under Thread Commands, I can't find
anything.  Does Gnus not have this feature at present, or is there a way
of achieving it that is perhaps documented elsewhere?

FWIW I'm running a recent Emacs 23.0.60 with its Gnus 5.13.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.