Configure Gnus with multiple .newsrc files

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Configure Gnus with multiple .newsrc files
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:07:38 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I have an existing news setup using 5 news servers, each of which has its
own .newsrc file. I'd like to have all of these servers open simultaneously
and keep the .newsrc files up to date, so I can be sure that everything is
working in parallel before committing to using GNus.

If I add any one of the servers to gnus-select-method then Gnus
automatically extracts the subscribed groups from the .newsrc and updates
the .newsrc file on exit. However it does not seem possible to do this with
more than one server.

Does anyone have an example config for using per-server .newsrc files with
multiple NNTP servers ?

        AndyM