Re: utf 8 problem

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: utf 8 problem
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:45:43 -0500

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:48:05 -0400 Peter Smerdon <psmerdon@magma.ca> wrote:

PS> I am simply looking to have gnus use special characters to denote thread
PS> roots, leafs etc..

Take a look at Reiner's setup (I don't know how current it is, but
should be OK):

http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/gnus/rs-gnus-summary.el

PS> in my .gnus I have (setq gnus-default-charset 'utf-8)

That's not for the UTF-8 support you want, it's for news and mail
character sets.

If you can open the file with your UTF-8 data and see all of it inside
Emacs, chances are very good Gnus will interpret it correctly as well.

Ted