Option for sendmail.el WAS: FAQ 5.2 still correct? [solved]

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Option for sendmail.el WAS: FAQ 5.2 still correct? [solved]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:59:29 -0700 (PDT)

Ted Zlatanov schrieb:

> Is this required for Google SMTP?  We could make it a smtpmail.el option
> that you can just turn off as needed (per server).

No, it is not required for google smtp. I just wanted my message id
not to be created on my machine. I've got a invalid  fqdn. So, why
not let google do it.

Should there be an option?

I think, the default (add M-Id automagically) is quite sensible.
It took me hours to track this down, but thats because I am still
quite new
to emacs and gnus. I looked in the wrong places.