nnvirtual: killing or unsubscribing ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:13:44 +0200

Hi,

Long time no post... I am getting back to Gnus (along side with
trn) for my daily usenet readings.

I am now trying to have as little newsgroups as possible which I
am subscribed. The goal is not not read newsgroups but diminish
the "jup and go" through many newsgroups. So I am trying to learn
how nnvirtual is working.

I have created an empty nnvirual group (G V) and I have
subscribed to several emacs related newsgroups. Now, it seems I
can unsubscribe (or even kill) all my emacs related groups and
stick with my nnvirtual:emacs group. Is it ok to go that way ? I
mean, can I safely C-k n each newsgroup entry from the group
buffer ?

I hope my question is not a FAQ.

Regards