Re: IMAP disconnecting

From: David
Subject: Re: IMAP disconnecting
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:39:47 +0200

> But on the net I've read that dovecot doesn't disconnect clients.  After
> some time with no activity, it contacts the clients and checks if
> they're still available.

Really? I frequently get disconnected after 30 minutes of idle
time. It's hardcoded in the source (imap-login/client.c):

/* Disconnect client after idling this many milliseconds */
#define CLIENT_LOGIN_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MSECS (3*60*1000)

However, this shouldn't cause any problems with Gnus. The server should
simply get reopened when you enter or check a nnimap group.

-David