Re: Losing Mail in Gnus

From: brettrandall
Subject: Re: Losing Mail in Gnus
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 11, 5:25 pm, David <de...@arcor.de> wrote:
> Brett Randall <br...@hillsong.com> writes:
> > I realise this isn't Gnus-specific now that Mairix is involved,

> Well, Gnus is putting the mail there, not Mairix, so I'd say that's a
> Gnus issue.

Yeah, I realised that as I was falling asleep last night pondering the
issue :)

> What splitting rules do you have? Do you maybe use
> gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent?

I use nnmail-split-methods to just divide up mail based on To/From in
my folders - no fancy splitting or anything. I don't think that's
related though as the mail that I "lose" into the nnmairix backend is
no different than any other e-mail that DID get through to the proper
group. i.e. yesterday two e-mails came from the same person. One went
into the correct group, the other went into the nnmairix backend.
Doesn't seem to be any particular reason (that I can see) that that
would happen.

Thanks for your help

Brett.