Re: My 2nd article with Gnus, about threading...

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: My 2nd article with Gnus, about threading...
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:45:49 +0200

Hello Tassilo

> Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
>
> By default Gnus does threading by subject, so it seems you have
> changed

yes I did change it to do threading by reference mostly because I was
not satisfy by the default method.

> As the docs say, it's either plague or cholera.  I usually use
> threading by references, but in groups where only people with broken
> newsreaders hang around, you could set it to subject by using group
> parameters.

Well my initial question was why the thread was broken in the first
place. You seem to assume it's due to broken newsreaders but I as far
as I can tell 'harven' did use Gnus when he replied to me...

Also I'm wondering how the tree buffer does its thread gathering. It
usually displays better the thread view even with broken threads.

thanks

Francis