Re: My 2nd article with Gnus, about threading...

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: My 2nd article with Gnus, about threading...
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:43:49 +0200

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:30:49 +0200, Francis wrote:
>
>> Am I missing something ?
>
> Maybe. Here is a quite large system dedicated to providing nntp-access
> to mailing-list.

yes but it implies some issues that I mentioned earlier.

BTW, your thread appears to be a loose one. One of the thing that is
really annoying.

> , currently carrying more than 10000 mailinglists and
> 60
> million emails: http://gmane.org/
>
> So some people prefer newsgroups to mailinglists.

Well, that was my thinking too. I'm subscribed to several mailing
lists with a lot of traffic, and I found news groups very convinient
because I don't have to receive all the emails sent, and they expire
automatically.

But the down side I mentioned is really annoying. I think when I need
to post an article, I'll send it as emails to the mail list otherwise
if I just want to read articles, I'll use news groups.

Francis