Rendering Multi-Part Messages in MIME Format

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Rendering Multi-Part Messages in MIME Format
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:08:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've been happy with multi-part messages in MIME format since months
using below configuration:

  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/emacs-w3m")
  (setq w3m-command "/usr/bin/w3m")
  (require 'w3m)
  (setq browse-url-browser-function 'w3m-browse-url
        browse-url-generic-program 'w3m-browse-url
        mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)

Today, when I returned back from work to home, I started the gnus and
then I realized that it again started to display MIME messages with
ugly characters starting the message with a "This is a multi-part
message in MIME format." line. To debug the problem, I checked that
above variables are valid in Article mode and specified paths exist
and work without a problem. (And nothing problematic in *Messages* and
*Warnings* buffers.)

What might be the problem? How can I spot the error? Do I miss
anything?

Regards.

P.S. Using the most recent (2008-11-17) CVS HEAD for emacs-w3m, and
gnus v5.11 bundled with GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (of 2008-09-10).