Retrieving old subscription and topic info

From: emacsnews
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:34:13 +0000

Hi,
   can anyone tell me exactly whereabouts gnus saves information about
   topics and subscribedness of groups? I have a new gnus and spent some
   time setting up my email accounts, but now I want my old groups back
   (without having to go through the laborious process of resubscribing
   and recreating the topics). I have all the old config files.
   I don't want to just completely overwrite my config files since I
   have made lots of recent modifications.

Regards,

Aleblanc