Re: external display and empty space in file names

From: Suno Ano
Subject: Re: external display and empty space in file names
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:16:48 +0200

 Andreas> How would I achieve that? Or is there another, better way to
 Andreas> solve the problem?

Here is what I do (a snippet taken from my .emacs):

; Rewriting file names of MIME parts i.e. process email attachments of
; unenlightened users e.g. delete control characters, delete shell
; gotchas, handle whitespace, make downcase, etc.

(setq mm-file-name-rewrite-functions
      '(mm-file-name-delete-control
        mm-file-name-delete-gotchas
        mm-file-name-trim-whitespace