Re: Sending when `sign failed'

From: henry atting
Subject: Re: Sending when `sign failed'
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:55:05 +0200

On Mo, Mai 18 2009, Daiki Ueno wrote:

>> I am confused of gnus' behaviour when pgp/mime signing failes.
>> Suppose I did fill in the wrong gpg password and then got the error
>> message 'sign failed', what will gnus do? Send it not signed or hold it
>> back until I enter the correct password?
>
> The latter, I believe.
>
>> As I (unfortunately to often) enter the wrong password some recipients
>> got mails twice, but I could not reproduce this behaviour (with myself as
>> recipient).
>
> I'd suggest that (setq smtpmail-debug-info t) and see if Gnus is
> actually sending unsigned messages.

Mmh, as far as I see gnus actually does not send unsigned messages.
I am sure it did it once. Now while writing I rembember: Sign failed, I
entered the correct password and wanted to send the message again - gnus
gave me this message: message already sent, send again? Something like
that.
I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks
henry