Re: Possible gnus bug when pressed 'C-u n'

From: Borja Tarraso Hueso
Subject: Re: Possible gnus bug when pressed 'C-u n'
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:50:09 +0100

Hi Bill,

Yes, i understand that not everything uses the default prefix, but using "C-10 n" does not work as I expected (read next emails or read the 10th email) just always read next email. Also I understand that's not a bug if the implementation of that does not take care about that, although i think it could be good to do that as the rest of commands (in the same family - "C-u #", etc) takes care of that.

Thanks!

Borja Tarraso

2009/5/29 Bill O'Connor <billyoc@gmail.com>
Borja Tarraso Hueso <borja.tarraso.hueso@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi people,
>
> I don't know if this is an expected behaviour, but inside gnus when I pressed
> "C-u #"  or "C-u !" etc... gnus marks the next 4 emails. However this does not
> happens when is pressed "C-u n" or "C-u SPC", it only marks next email, but not
> next 4. Is it expected? or is it a possible bug? In this case should I open a
> case as an emacs bug/new feature? I think this command should accept prefix
> arguments following the rest of cases. I will check other prefix combinations
> as well.

Four is the default prefix, and not everything uses the default prefix.

--
In Solidarity,
Billy O'Connor