Re: import existing file - mark unrad

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: import existing file - mark unrad
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:20:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!

I am pretty new to gnus myself, so I hope I won't tell you wrong.

File = Article?

notbob@bb.nothome.com writes:

> 1. Can I import a file into a follow-up posting (being edited)?  Seems
> I saw a command to do so, but now can't locate it.  I love the saved
> posts in nndraft:drafts.  Very handy when I lose a server connection,
> which is often, lately.  Anyway, I have to come back and try again and
> would like to cat a saved draft into new/follow-up post.  How?

I would use the emacs killring. So, mark the text you want in your
follow-up, press M-w to copy to killring, go to your message and paste
it with C-y. Or did I get your question wrong?

> 2.  Is there a way to mark a file as plain ol' "unread"?  Not r or R
> or ! or O or any other of a seemingly jillion ways to mark a file so
> it will re-appear in summary.  Just plain ol' "unread", as if I'd
> never seen/accessed it before.  This so I can just go down a thread
> using n to get each unread post.  Preferably, mass mark multiple
> articles at once.

I never use this feature, but may I ask, where you've been looking so
far? I found this pretty quickly and a first test seems to do what you
want.

,----[ (info "(gnus)Setting Marks") ]
| 3.7.4 Setting Marks
| -------------------
|
| All the marking commands understand the numeric prefix.
|
| `M c'
| `M-u'
|      Clear all readedness-marks from the current article
|      (`gnus-summary-clear-mark-forward').  In other words, mark the
|      article as unread.
`----

Mass marking is done by a (positive or negative) Prefix, so
M-3 M-u 'unreads' the next three articles. (or use C-u 3 insted of M-3).

I agree, the manual is often more confusing than helpfull, but you get
used to it ;).

hth

Memnon