Re: Administering two imap accounts with gnus?

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: Administering two imap accounts with gnus?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:01:51 +0800

Long time ago, I had the same problem. At last after studying Gnus
manual and maybe googling, I had a working setting.

Seems you need to explicitly state which authinfo file to use even both
accounts use the same authinfo file (sure you can use two files for two
accounts.).

,----
|          (nnimap "account1"
|                       (nnimap-server-port 143)
|                       (nnimap-address "server address")
|                            (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "mail/*"))
|                       (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.emacs.d/.authinfo"))
|          (nnimap "account2"
|                       (nnimap-server-port 143)
|                       (nnimap-address "server address")
|                           (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "mail/*"))
|                       (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.emacs.d/.authinfo"))
`----

I use account label since I have several accounts on save sever.

Hope this could be of some help.

Gnus can do many things good, just how to do is not that clear, not easy
to get from the manual.

CG