Re: Debugging msmtp in gnus

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Debugging msmtp in gnus
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 23:02:12 +0530

Thomas Bach <bachth@uni-mainz.de> writes:

[snipped 21 lines]

>> What does the msmtp log say?
> Thats another thing: msmtp doesn't log neither. It does when invoked
> on the command-line, but it doesn't when I am in gnus. Thats another
> reason why I'd like to have the whole command gnus invokes, just to
> check that there is really a /usr/bin/msmtp at the beginning.

hmmm...I'm fairly confident that this means, Emacs can't find msmtp to
send the email OR msmtp is looking at the wrong place for the
configuration files.

See, if I do M-x shell and type

/usr/sbin/msmtp --version
msmtp version 1.4.13
TLS/SSL library: OpenSSL
Authentication library: GNU SASL
Supported authentication methods:
plain cram-md5 digest-md5 external login
IDN support: enabled
NLS: disabled
System configuration file name: /etc/msmtprc
User configuration file name: /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/sivaram/Application Data/.msmtprc

and from the cygwin command line

[sivaram@~]
$ /usr/sbin/msmtp.exe --version
msmtp version 1.4.13
TLS/SSL library: OpenSSL
Authentication library: GNU SASL
Supported authentication methods:
plain cram-md5 digest-md5 external login
IDN support: enabled
NLS: disabled
System configuration file name: /etc/msmtprc
User configuration file name: /home/sivaram/.msmtprc

Try msmtp --version from within the Emacs shell and copy the msmtprc
file there and try again?

[snipped 10 lines]

 sivaram