Re: How to unregister message as spam/ham?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to unregister message as spam/ham?
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:24:04 +0200

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:15:32 -0500, Ted wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:20:40 +0200 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> I hope Ted Z will jump in and clarify. I fear my "solution" may be
AS> defective in the larger picture, because, well, ehr, I can't really see
AS> the larger picture.

> Sorry for the delay.

No worries!

> I think your solution is fine.  It's been a while since I looked at the
> code, but I probably made a mistake with the duplicate elimination.

Great! Or, well, you understand what I mean, I trust.

AS> (The patch does work for me, though - so in the specific case is isn't
AS> necessarily defective as such.)

> I'm OK with you comitting it.  I personally use a server-based solution
> so I haven't needed this functionality in years.

I haven't got a commit bit, so if someone who has would like to, please
feel free. (I have signed papers.)

> I think spam.el has been around long enough that we should consider
> redesigning it with what we've learned from the users' experience and
> feedback.  For instance, setting it up is much too complicated for 99%
> of the users, while mentats like it just fine.

I don't know what mentats are, but I agree. I wrote down a recipe way
back when, and have used that since.

>  The registry mark support is a mess. I wrote most of it years ago and
> I like to think my ELisp has gotten better since :)

Mine hasn't ;-)

> Unfortunately my free time is reserved by other things on my TODO list
> (tramp-imap.el and imap-hash.el right now) so either it will wait or
> someone else can pick it up.  I don't mind either.

Fair enough.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "They were trying to make me an insider to some kind         Adam Sjøgren
  of trip they were on. I don't think so."               asjo@koldfront.dk