Re: My signature and its (missing) space

From: Mark T. B. Carroll
Subject: Re: My signature and its (missing) space
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 13:30:46 -0400

Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Everybody tells me that my signature separator is "--", but it needs
> to be "-- ". When writing my mails / my Usenet articles, it seems to
> be "-- ", as I can get one space further on the right of "--", which is
> something I cannot do on the other lines of my signature.
>
> My signature separator is
> (setq gnus-signature-separator '("^-- $"))
>
> Do I have to modify it to make it as these persons want it to be?

It seems as though they're wrong: Your signature separator seems to be
fine, at least for the message of yours to which I'm replying here.
(Though, I'd thought that variable is more to do with recognizing
separators in others' messages; I don't know if it's relevant here.)
Can you point us to the message ID of a Usenet article of yours that got
complained about?

Mark