How to get new news

From: despen
Subject: How to get new news
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:10:08 -0400

When I start GNUS, all my article counts are shown as "*".

If I just type "g", nothing happens, the counts all stay as "*".

If I type M-g the group under the cursor gets an un-read article count
but the rest of the groups still show "*" in the article count.

If I then type "g" all the groups get updated.

What I would like to happen is hit one key and get ALL the article
counts updated.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.