Re: moving from imap to pop3; splitting w/links; tagging

From: Frédéric Perrin
Subject: Re: moving from imap to pop3; splitting w/links; tagging
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:17:36 +0100

Le lundi 23 à 5:06, subopt a écrit :
> I'm still pretty unsure of what i'm doing though. Can someone show me
> what i need in my .gnus file to do the following? :
>
> 1. Download all messages from my pop account to ~/gnus-pop-email/.
>
> 2. Delete all downloaded email from the pop3 server.

For these two items, you will want to use fetchmail or getmail (the
second is actively maintained, with a responsive author). Configure it
to deliver mail to ~/gnus-pop-email/, and then in your .gnus:

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil "")
      ;; Where mails are to be found
      mail-sources '((maildir :path "~/gnus-pop-email/")
                     (file))
      ;; Where and how to store mail for Gnus' consumption
      message-directory "/donnees/prive/Mail/"
      gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "ML"))
                    )

--
Fred