setting gnus-use-full-windows to nil

From: Leonidas Tsampros
Subject: setting gnus-use-full-windows to nil
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:13:37 +0200

Hello,

One of the things I found irritating while using Gnus, is that it
deleted any other windows that I had opened upon entering/leaving the
summary buffer.

In the info manual chapter 8.5, it states that this behaviour is
controlled by gnus-use-full-window and indeed it worked as
advertized. However the documentation states:

   Setting this variable to `nil' kinda works, but there are glitches.
Use at your own peril.

Has anyone experienced problems with this variable set to nil ?

Thanks,
Leonidas