Re: Some useful key bindings

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Some useful key bindings
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:53:20 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> CW> Did not even think about that, but maybe that is not a bad idea. Maybe
> CW> it should be made even more general. I think it would be useful to have
> CW> more as a compact and a important list. And it would be nice if you do
> CW> not have to edit your .gnus for this. But then the topics have to be
> CW> saved somewhere. What is the best way to do this?
>
> The topics are already saved in the Gnus newsrc.eld file.  You just need
> to associate a numeric level with a topic, which Gnus can do as a topic
> property and save it automatically (see gnus-topic-edit-parameters,
> `G p' in the *Group* buffer).  Simply, gnus-group-set-current-level (`S l')
> needs to be adapted to handle topics as well.
>
> Once that's done, your commands can become filters on the full topic
> list based on each topic's level.

Not quite, I want to work with names. For two reasons: it is clearer and
I can think of a situation in which topic A should be visible in
situation I and topic B not and topic B should be visible in situation
II and topic A not. This can not be solved in your case, but it can in
mine.

> CW> It would be nice to have contributed to Gnus. :-D
>
> I hope you do!

The original case I already have implemented. I am still busy with some
icing on the cake.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer