Re: getting a photo out of an email?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: getting a photo out of an email?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:10:47 +0000

Nigel Beck <me@nigelbeck.com> wrote:

> I wound up doing "X m" - "extract all parts" - which then said "image/*"
> as the default part description, and it dumped them all into a directory
> of my choice.

> K v etc didn't do the trick right away at least.  Perhaps as gnus had
> inlined the photos?

On a related topic: I receive quoted-printable encoded HTML
mails (no multipart, i. e. "Content-Type: text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1" and "Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable") from Google Alerts. How do I extract a
bunch of them to individual files in a target directory? In
principle, X m works for me, but requires manual confirma-
tion for every mail if used with M-&. What is the proper way
to handle MIME mails in elisp? gnus-summary-save-parts and
gnus-article-save-part look, ahem, very focused on user in-
teraction.

Tim