Re: passing AUTHINFO {USER|PASS} to a foreign server

From: Giacomo Boffi
Subject: Re: passing AUTHINFO {USER|PASS} to a foreign server
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:35:05 +0100

Giacomo Boffi <giacomo.boffi@polimi.it> writes:

> i have a user id and a password to connect to a nntp server
> [...]
>
> following instructions in info file i created a ~/.authinfo file,
> following FAQ i put (add-hook 'nntp-server-opened-hook
> 'nntp-send-authinfo) in my ~/.gnus
>
> i create the foreign group, but i cannot access it

gnus changed his mind, and noe everything is fine, except that it asks
me the user name when connecting to my primary server, name that is
not necessary... anyhow, both server works and the inconvenience is
very minor

cancel message, sorry for the noise
                                                                gb
--
Vorrei andare a lavorare in Sicilia, a max 15 km dal mare. Con chi
devo parlare? Col capomafia distrettuale? Oppure bisogna sporcarsi le