Re: How to find José?

From: Damian
Subject: Re: How to find José?
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:04:38 +0200

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:25 PM, John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net> wrote:
> Damian <damian.only@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I answer to myself in case it can be helpful to somebody.
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Damian <damian.only@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I store all my work email using the nnml backend. There are search
>>> engines to search through my email, but the problem comes when I
>>> search for words containing utf-8 characters: there's no way to find
>>> words such as "José", "mañana", "abraço", or "geëvalueerd".
>>>
>>> I found in the web that namazu supports utf8 (unlike swish-e), but so
>>> far I haven't succeeded. Moreover, namazu do not indexes words in the
>>> body of the messages.
>> Nope, namazu doesn't offer utf8 support.
>>

> Did you check mairix?
Yes, but as far as I know it doesn't offer utf8 support either.

I was thinking that it would be really nice if I could use gnus to
interface beagle-search, since beagle indexes my emails correctly (and
find them really fast). Since emacs 23 there is xesam support, but I
never succeeded in integrating emacs+xesam+beagle. And even if I do,
I'm not so sure I could make gnus use xesam as a search engine.

Of course, all of this can be coded, but I was looking for quicker solution.