Not quoting the email address in news/mailing lists followups

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:01:10 +0530

How do I configure the news/mailing lists followups and replies to not
quote the reply to address?

On another mailing list, I was asked to configure my mail client to
remove the email address

        Please Configure Your Mailer To Not Quote Raw E-mail Addresses
        In Your Replies. Some mailers include the raw e-mail address
        in the "Joe <joe@example.com> wrote:" line. The web archives
        for the mailing lists are publicly available. Let's not feed
        the spam harvesters!

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>

I couldn't see anything in the replies and follow ups section in the
manual.

 sivaram