Re: verifying gpg signature

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: verifying gpg signature
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:47:10 -0000

Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

> I'm just getting starting using gpg with email. I can sign outgoing
> messages (with mml-secure-sign), but I don't see how to verify the
> sigatures of incoming messages.
>
> The Gnus manual is silent on this; it talks about verifying regions,
> but I don't see how to apply that to a mail message. I tried 'apropos
> verify', and didn't see anything helpful.
>
> There must be a simple keystroke that verifies a signature attached to
> a mail message.

More info:

The signature is shown as:

[2. Digital signature --- application/pgp-signature; signature.asc]...

I can hit <return> on that part, and it does nothing. Tracing that
with the elisp debugger, apparently I'm supposed to add
that mime type to gnus-article-treat-types, and then a handler to
gnus-treatment-function-alist?

The function mml2015-verify seems to be what I need to call; how to I
tell Gnus to call it?

--
-- Stephe