Gnus with multiple gmail imap accounts

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Gnus with multiple gmail imap accounts
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:24:00 +0200

I would be interested in hearing how anyone has got gnus talking to
multiple gmail accounts. One sticking point is the non prefixed INBOX on
each account. How best to handle this or to uniquely name each INBOX for
each gmail account? (Come to that how to uniquely name All Mail, spam etc too).

There is some advice here

http://superuser.com/questions/86798/multiple-email-accounts-from-the-same-server-in-emacs-gnus

But I'm not sure how he defined those servers with their aliases in elisp (the
author has
since dropped gnus for wanderlust).

One approach I have tried (but dont really like) is to apply a filter to ALL
incoming mail and to label each new post with something like
"inbox-rileyrg" and then subscribe to that "label/group" from gnus. That
doesnt solve the issue with the gmail system labels however.

Any pointers appreciated.