Re: nnir breaks my gnus

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Re: nnir breaks my gnus
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:27:05 +0000

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using gnus 5.13 with emacs 23.1.1.
> I tried using nnir to search an imap folder. Ever since I did that, when
> I M-g the folder, gnus reads the folder shows that there is emails but
> when I enter it, it marks all emails read and doesn't show up anything
> (except those marked '!'). This is seriously annoying since it's marking
> a bunch of emails read and I don't even get the chance to read them.
>
> I also have absolutely no idea of what's wrong. I wonder if this is a
> known problem. If it is not, can you please tip me on how to find a
> possible solution?

I have managed to take the *imap-log* buffer contents.

So, when I M-g the group I see unread messages (and I know there are some) and
enter it:
http://pastebin.com/WCyxuACU

Inside the group I can only see my messages marked with '!'. Then I exit
the group:
http://pastebin.com/Nh6HYyQv

I am not sure this is an IMAP problem or a Gnus problem. Because Gnus
seems to know that the messages are there (it marks them read upon exit).

--
PMatos