Re: Does the most recent Mailcrypt support something else than inline PG

From: Merciadri Luca
Subject: Re: Does the most recent Mailcrypt support something else than inline PGP?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:43:46 -0000

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:51:17 +0200, Merciadri wrote:
>
>> I tried, but to no avail. I did not try for hours, because I don't
>> like devoting much time to a light problem such as this one (I have
>> other problems to solve first).
>
> Fair enough. It sounded like you didn't try at all, that is why I was on
> your case so much.
I tried, but not so much.

>>> How would a "somewhat exact solution" to your problem look?
>
>> Using the best PGP package with as few problems as possible.
>
> How is that a somewhat exact solution to the problem of finding out what
> messes up your configuration when you take Mailcrypt out of the
> equation?
Because I take Mailcrypt out of the equation to try a better PGP client.

> [...]
>
>> What a student gives on his paper after an exam is a set of different
>> `solutions,' hoping one for each question, by definition.
>
>> These solutions are expected to be as much exact as possible.
>
> This sentence doesn't make sense to me. Either a solution is exact, or
> it isn't - now, a solution might be almost correct, somewhat correct,
> mostly wrong or entirely wrong, for instance, but it is either exact or
> it isn't.
So, I thought exactitude was not the same as correctness, for you.

> [...]
>
>> But saying that a solution is either correct or not is, at least to
>> me, too `black-and-white.' Between black and white, there's also gray
>> :)
>
> I never said that a solution was either _correct_ or not. Again you are
> putting words in my mouth. Please try to avoid this, it is rude.
>
> I said a solution was either _exact_ or not. "correct" and "exact" are
> very different words and concepts.
That's the origin of (my) misapprehension.

> We clearly have problems understanding eachother; I'll stop trying and
> crawl back in my hole now.
I do this to understand what you think, not to be rude, or something
else. All my remarks can be commented, and they do not claim
correctness. That's just a matter of point of view. I like debating on
various topics to understand each-other's point of view, because
that's the way I learn the most from others.

- --
Merciadri Luca
- --

It is better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.