Re: nnimap: support for non-ASCII folder names (incomplete patch & reque

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: nnimap: support for non-ASCII folder names (incomplete patch & request for help)
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:20:00 +0100

Orivej Desh <orivej@gmx.fr> writes:

>    I've found them not supported (they just didn't appear in *Gnus
> Browse Server*) so I made a copy of nnimap.el and discovered that though
> some support for UTF-7 was in place, it was not working as expected
> (particularly, double-encoded UTF-7 strings happened).  Investigating
> which `utf7-encode' or `utf7-decode' were missing and which superfluous
> went difficult, so I made a redesing: everything in nnimap deals with
> multibyte, except for two functions most close to the IMAP stream.

You moved the utf7-encode down into -send-command, but that doesn't
work.  There are bits of the protocol that can't be utf7-encoded, so you
really have to encode only the group names, and leave everything else
alone.

Non-ASCII IMAP mailbox names work for me, I think, so what is the actual
problem you're seeing?