Re: Unusual archiving behavior.

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: Unusual archiving behavior.
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 10:22:17 -0800

On Sat, Jan 01 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> David Brown <gnus@davidb.org> writes:
>
>> However, if I compose a message from elsewhere in Emacs (C-x m), the
>> message is archived to ~/Mail/2010 and not under the archive folder.
>
> Yes, that's a Gnus archiving method.  If you're using the non-Gnus mail
> stuff, Gnus won't be used for archiving.

It is putting a Gcc header in the message when I compose, and it is
getting archived somewhere, just not the same place as if I invoked it
from within Gnus.

But, more significantly, if I press (C-x m) while Gnus is running, the
message is archived in the correct place.  It's only if I compose email
after quitting Gnus that it gets archived somewhere else.  I'll dig
through the code some more, since it looks like something is not getting
set when composing before Gnus starts.

David