Re: Any way to click article buttons without leaving the summary buffer?

From: Philipp Haselwarter
Subject: Re: Any way to click article buttons without leaving the summary buffer?
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:44:47 +0100

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:25:46 -0500, Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> said:

DC> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:

>> Sean McAfee <eefacm@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Idea #2: Add a command that highlights successive links on repeated
>>> invocation, and another command that activates the currently
>>> highlighted link.
>>
>> Sounds nice.  Perhaps TAB in the summary buffer should highlight the
>> links successively?  And then RET could "click the link".

DC> Isn't that essentially what TAB already does?  (But not just for
DC> links; it includes any widget; which I think is the right thing to
DC> do.)

DC> | <tab> runs the command gnus-summary-widget-forward, which is an |
DC> interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
DC> |
DC> | It is bound to <tab>, A <tab>.
DC> |
DC> | (gnus-summary-widget-forward arg)
DC> |
DC> | Move point to the next field or button in the article.  | With
DC> optional arg, move across that many fields.

DC> Dan

It would just be nice to be able to do that from the summary buffer.

I think having something like `w3m-linknum-follow'/vimperator-style
link following from the summary buffer would be awesome:

Just hit the key and all the widgets get highlighted with a number next
to them, then either typing that number or a substring of the widget
name to select, then have RET behave as usual.

Alternatively, have a key to get completing-read for all the widgets,
should be nice with ido.

--
Philipp Haselwarter