Re: bug with followup in digest mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: bug with followup in digest mode
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 01:21:49 -0800

Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> writes:

> so, without understanding, I would guess that message-fetch-field "reply-to"
> is scanning the entire (digest) message, not just its headers.

Yes.  This has been fixed many years ago in later Gnus versions.  If you
just want to fix that one bug, replace `message-fetch-field' with
`gnus-fetch-field', which looks like

(defun gnus-fetch-field (field)
  "Return the value of the header FIELD of current article."
  (require 'message)
  (save-excursion
    (save-restriction
      (let ((inhibit-point-motion-hooks t))