Re: General advice - incorporating gmail IMAP

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: General advice - incorporating gmail IMAP
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 09:48:46 -0600

> Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Maybe and also complete configuration of gnus-secondary-select-methods:
>>
>> '((nnimap "gmail"
>>           (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
>>           (nnimap-server-port 993)
>>           (nnimap-stream ssl)
>>           (nnir-search-engine imap)))
>
> In No Gnus, the last three lines are totally superfluous.

I see that works right off on linux, but do you know how its done on
windows 7.

>> I think you need to install either gnutls-cli or openssl?

Can all that be handled inside gnus, using gnus pkgs? Or, is it really
necessary to install pkgs for windows 7?

Googling for windows pkgs of gnutls-cli or openssl.  What's
available, is confusing.

Some of the pkgs available appear to be only for 32 bit, some seem pretty
shakey as to being appropriate to windows7 and onward.

Are there 64 bit pkgs that are known to work on win7 without lots of
tweaking and fiddling?