Re: split-fancy-with-parent

From: Vincent Beffara
Subject: Re: split-fancy-with-parent
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:36:46 +0100

TZ> The split rules changed in recent versions of No Gnus.  I think they
TZ> are only a server parameter now, so you have to modify your server
TZ> definition.

TZ> The `gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent' documentation is wrong
TZ> (outdated, really).  Sorry about that.  I'm pretty sure you don't
TZ> want `nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent' though.

Aha. So I did this:

,----
| (setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "local"
|                               (nnimap-address "localhost")
|                               (nnimap-stream network)
|                               (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
|                               (nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
|                               (nnimap-split-fancy
|                                (| (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
|                                   "INBOX"))
|                               ))
`----

and everything works great. That is fantastic, thanks a lot !

If I understand correctly, this will only split messages arriving in
INBOX ? Is there a way I can split all incoming messages in all
mailboxes, but setting the default rule to "wherever the message was
delivered" rather than always INBOX ?

Thanks again !

       /v

PS: BTW, now "B t" to test where a message would end up consistenty
answers "mail.misc" even on a message that was correctly split. And
respooling with "B r" fails saying

wrong type argument: stringp, nil

But I can live with that.

--
|                 |   UMPA - ENS Lyon   | Mél: vbeffara@ens-lyon.fr |
| Vincent Beffara |  46 allée d'Italie  | Tél: (+33) 4 72 72 85 25  |