Re: Problem incorporating old mail from Thunderbird

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Problem incorporating old mail from Thunderbird
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:10:44 +0530

On Thu, Jul 07 2011,Angel de Vicente Angel de Vicente wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to import all my archived mail, which until now I was
> managing with Thunderbird. I have several archive files in Thunderbird,
> and all of them have worked very well when importing to Gnus (G f), but
> with one of them, it only finds 3 articles, despite the actual number
> being around 3700.

[snipped 14 lines]

I have no idea how you're doing the importing of the emails.  It might
be a good idea to mail the list on how you're doing the
Thunderbird->Gnus migration so that it can help others, when you're
upto it.  Or even better do it on Emacswiki.

Now to your problem....

How about moving small number of messages at a time to a new folder
within Thunderbird (don't know how its archiving works) and then
export it and see whether Gnus imports it correctly?  Maybe, the first
few messages in the archive may be borking the entire folder import?

 sivaram