Re: Displaying text/calendar (VCALENDAR) parts?

From: Leonidas Tsampros
Subject: Re: Displaying text/calendar (VCALENDAR) parts?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 08:48:51 +0300

> Does anyone have a recipe for displaying text/calendar (VCALENDAR) parts
> nicely?
>
> Reading them "raw" isn't that appealing (too many fields, don't know
> what to look for...)
>
> How would you go about displaying them "nicely"? Picking out some
> fields, formatting it somehow?
>
> Something like:
>
>   ,---------------------------------------------------.
>   | When: ...                                         |
>   | Where: ...                                        |
>   | Participants:                                     |
>   |   * NN1 <nn1@example.com> (organizer)             |
>   |   * NN2 <nn2@example.com>                         |
>   |   * NN3 <nn3@example.com>                         |
>   |   * NN4 <nn4@example.com> (optional)              |
>   |                                                   |
>   | [Description...]                                  |
>   `---------------------------------------------------'
>
> Perhaps?
>

> The next step would be to be able to generate the right kinds of emails
> to send back to accept/decline a meeting etc., but that's probably
> another story...
>

>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam

Hi Adam,

I was longing for some support on appointments. I saw your mail and did
a little research and I came up with this:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/emacs/Importing-Diary.html

It seems that the standard diary included in emacs has this
functionality. I'll give it a shot later in the day but this is probably
where I would start.

Best Regards,
Leonidas Tsampros