gnus-summary-move-article and multiple gmail accounts

From: George McNinch
Subject: gnus-summary-move-article and multiple gmail accounts
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:14:56 -0500

Hi,

Here is something that I think I have not correctly understood.

I have two different gmail accounts:

,----
| (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
|       '(
|       (nnimap "personal"
|               (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
|               (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
|               )
|       (nnimap "work"
|               (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
|               (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
|               )
|       ))
`----

and I try to meep personal and work email separated accordingly.

I sometimes goof. Then I want to move an email from one account
to another.

I can copy the article between the accounts using

  B c -- i.e. gnus-summary-copy-article

Or I can "move" the article between the accounts

  B m -- i.e. gnus-summary-move-article

If I visit nnimap+personal:INBOX in the summary buffer, and move via
"B m" a piece of mail to nnimap+work:INBOX, then indeed in the summary
nnimap+personal:INBOX buffer the article appears to have been "moved".
The summary entry for that article is "blacked out": the text of the
summary description changes face, and there is some sort of status mark
of "G" which is what I see when "B Del" is used to delete articles.

And if I now close the nnimap+personal:INBOX summary buffer and open the
nnimap+work:INBOX summary buffer, I indeed see the moved article.

But now if I *reopen* the first group nnimap+personal:INBOX in the
summary buffer, the supposedly moved mail is still present.

So in the end, the behavior of "B m" is nearly identical to "B c" except
for the "immediate" -- and short-lived -- deletion of the article in the
open summary buffer.

Is this the expected behavior or have I failed to configure something
correctly?

best,
george

--